Assignment: Procedure Guide on Restoring a System
Part of implementing Ken 7 Windows’ new enterprise resource planning (ERP) software is setting up a new recovery procedure for each type of computer. These procedures will guide administrators in recovering a failed computer to a condition as near to the point of failure as possible. The goal is to minimize both downtime and data loss. You have already implemented the following backup strategies for workstation computers:
– All desktop workstations were originally installed from a single image for Ken 7 Windows standard workstations. The base image is updated with all patches and new software installed on live workstations.
– Desktop workstation computer execute a backup of identified folders that contain new and modified files every night at 1:00 a.m. Desktop workstation backups generally take less than 10 minutes.
Using the format below, describe the steps necessary to recover a desktop workstation computer that encounters a disk drive failure at 5:30 a.m. local time. The user arrived at work and found that the computer would not boot.
Answer the following questions:
1. How much data has been modified between the last backup and the time of failure?
2. What images are necessary to recover the workstation?
3. What are the steps necessary to fix the problem that cause the data loss?
4. What steps should Ken 7 take to avoid a reoccurrence of this issue in the future?
Format: Microsoft Word
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more