HD101 Week 5
Ch. 5 Cognitive Growth: Piaget and Vygotsky
Write responses to each of the following questions. Write the responses in your own words, do not copy and paste from your textbook, or another source. Cite a reference for the information provided for each question. Include a reference list.
· Responses to questions are accurate. – 5 points
· Each question has a reference citation in APA format; reference list is included/accurate. – 2 points.
· Responses are written in student’s voice. – 3 points.
1. Please define the following terms:
2. List and describe Piaget’s 4 stages of cognitive growth, including the age range for each stage:
Stage 1 – _____________( – years):
Stage 2 – _____________( – years):
Stage 3 – _____________( – years):
Stage 4 – _____________( – years):
3. Define the following terms:
4. According to Piaget, Action = __________________.
5. Labouvie-Vief described the concept “postformal thought.” What does this mean?
6. Describe Schaie’s stages of cognitive growth.
7. Vygotsky believed that social interaction and language were important aspects of cognitive development. Define:
Zone of Proximal Development
6. What are 2 general contributions that Piaget’s theory contributes to understanding cognitive development?
7. What are 2 general contributions that Vygotsky’s theory contributes to understanding cognitive development?
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more