· 500 words
· 3 sources
· APA Format
1. Why should people care about password security?
2. Can computer hacking be justified under extraordinary circumstances. Imagine that you will have to break into a neighbor’s car in order to drive a friend, who will otherwise die, to the hospital. You are morally obligated to save a person’s life when it is in your power to do so. You are also obligated to obey the law, which forbids breaking into someone’s motor vehicle. How would your decision in this case be similar or different from determining whether to break into the computer database containing the medical information needed to save someone’s life? Research HIPPA. How would this effect your decision, or would it? Can this be justified in a court of law. See if you are able to find similar cases in regard to computer hacking.
3. What is cyberstalking? Research cyberstalking/harassment by communication laws in your state. What would you do, if anything to improve the laws. There are 3 states that currently do not have laws. If you live in one of those states please choose a state to research. Find a case from your state.
· 500 words
· 3 sources
· APA Format
1. Find a case involving social engineering. Be sure to explain the case. In this day an age do you believe people still become a victim of social engineering.
2. Identify and describe four types of countermeasures that can be used to enhance computer security.
3. What is cyberstalking? Research the Megan Meier case. Do you agree with the ruling?
At the time of the Megan Meier suicide, the state of Missouri had the below laws:
SB 0758 – Revises Law Relating to Computer Crimes
565.090 – Includes reference to communications by any means in crime of harassment.
565.225 – Revises definition of “credible threat” relating to crime of stalking to include certain written, electronic or telephonic communications, or certain postings of a site or message.
SB 0070 and SB 255 – Prohibits certain fraudulent use of the Internet effective August 28, 2001
SCS/SBs 70 & 255 – This act prohibits a person from operating an Internet website which causes another person’s computer to dial a telephone number for which a charge is assessed without the other person’s consent. A violation is a Class A misdemeanor unless the long distance charges exceed five hundred dollars, in which case the violation is a Class C felony. The act provides for venue where the victim resides or where the crime occurred. This portion of the act is similar to SB 70.
The act also adds electronic mail messages as a method by which a person may commit the crime of harassment, and prohibits the use of electronic mail to send obscene or indecent commercial messages. This provision is similar to SB 255
Do you think that they should have used these laws to prosecute Drew?
4. Can you become a victim of cyberstalking without using technology?
Article- Cyber-defense: A taxonomy of tactics for managing cyberstalking. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 32(10), 1451-1475. doi:10.1177/0886260515589564 Retrieved August 20, 2017 from http://journals.sagepub.com.ezproxy1.apus.edu/doi/full/10.1177/0886260515589564
Article- Exploring cognitive decision-making processes, computer focused cyber deviance involvement and victimization: The role of thoughtfully reflective decision making. Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency, 54(5), 639-679. doi:10.1177/0022427817693036 Retrieved August 20, 2017 from http://journals.sagepub.com.ezproxy1.apus.edu/doi/full/10.1177/0022427817693036
Video- When does “Stalking” become a crime? Retrieved August 16, 2017 from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XJe_xCd9-Y&feature=youtu.be
Video- Cyber Harassment and Cyber Stalking: The New Frontier of Civil Rights in the Twenty-First Century. (2015, February 27). Retrieved August 20, 2017, from https://youtu.be/oPXd0dezoAI
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more