masters level forum
There are a few cities and states considering legislation on “Banning the Box” question that currently exists on employment applications and questions during the first round of interviews. For example:
On March 31, 2011, Philadelphia, PA City Council passed a “Ban the Box” bill, regulating the ability of employers to conduct criminal background checks in the employment process. Mayor Nutter signed the bill into law and it will apply to city agencies AND private employers employing 10 or more persons within the City of Philadelphia.
Under the new legislation:
· Employers would be precluded from inquiring about arrests that did not result in convictions, unless required or permitted by another law; and
· Employers would be precluded from making any inquiry regarding criminal convictions before and during the application process and initial interview process, or from requiring that applicants disclose any such information. It seems that after the first interview is conducted, the employer is free to conduct a criminal background check.
· Banning the box appears to give applicants with a criminal conviction, the opportunity be considered for opportunities prior to the employer’s knowledge of their criminal background. Additionally, it seems that the legislation is providing those with criminal backgrounds, an opportunity to compete with an equal playing field.
Imagine your role as a Human Resource Manager within an organization. Please answer the following questions:
· What are communication strategies that can be used to communicate the regulatory changes to hiring leaders within an organization?
· What are some of the policy changes that will need to take place within the organization?
· What are your thoughts regarding the “Ban the Box” concept?
Check out this website related to our topic: http://www.nelp.org/publication/ban-the-box-fair-chance-hiring-state-and-local-guide/
You must cite within the text of your response and include multiple references in addition to the text.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more