A literature analysis of the five peer-reviewed scholarly articles you will use for your final project. For Milestone Three, you will evaluate the methodology of those five articles, such as their validity and ethical considerations. Your research here will help your supervisor ensure his or her future research is both ethical and valid.
Prompt: For this assignment, evaluate the methodology of five articles you used as the basis for your literature analysis.
The following critical elements must be addressed specifically:
Draw connections between the research design and the methodology used in the chosen research.
What methods did practitioners use to protect the validity of their investigations and not project their own assumptions on the empirical evidence?
Substantiate your claims.
For example, did the researchers document and disclose all their procedures? How was their work grounded in theory?
What were the ethical considerations in conducting research in this particular field and in addressing this issue?
Provide examples from your research to support your response.
Instructions: 1. Make any needed improvements to the Milestone Two: Literature Analysis that you completed in Module Four, based on your instructor feedback. 2. For each article, write a one-to-three sentence description of the research design.
Include the following:
What was the research question?
What criminological theory did the author relate to the issue or topic of the research?
Restate the methodology (qualitative or quantitate) you identified in the Module Three annotated bibliography worksheet, then explain how the research design informs the methodology used, or vice versa.
How was the data collected?
From whom was the data collected?
3. For each article, describe, in your opinion, why the author chose to use a qualitative or quantitative research methodology for the article.
Refer back to the advantages and disadvantages you outlined in your literature analysis.
Your description should be in the form of one short paragraph.
4. For each article, explain what methods the practitioners may have used to protect the validity of the investigations and not project his or her own assumptions on the empirical evidence.
Substantiate your claims. For example, did the researchers document and disclose all their procedures? How was their work grounded in theory?
Consider how the research could have been done in an ethical manner.
Your description should be in the form of a short paragraph.
5. For each article, describe what the ethical considerations were in conducting research in this particular field and in addressing this issue.
Provide examples from the article to support your response.
Your description should be in the form of one to three short paragraphs.
Your methodology must be submitted with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, using APA format
These are the scholars article I use:
1. Matusitz, Jonathan; Breen, Gerald-Mark; Journal of Evidence-Based Social Work, Vol 10 (5). Oct, 2013 pp 455-465
2. Dadashazar, Nazak Walden University, 2017
3. Skeem, Jennifer, Manchak, Sarah, Peterson, Jillian. Law & Human Behavior Apr 2011, Vol 35 Issue 2, pgs. 110-126
4. Pinto, G; Hirdes A, 2006 Dec
5. Agan, Amanda. Criminology & Public Policy, Feb 2017, Vol. 16 Issue 1 pgs. 177-185
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more